Sleaze
The one in a cheap hotel room,
Simmering in cigarette smoke,
With bright neon lights
shining through the broken window panes,
And its dull hum silencing our quiet whispers,
one at a time.
Hum with me to the sleazy tunes of the crackling radio,
Tracing my fingers with yours, writing words incomprehensible,
For in the flutter of your eyelashes against my shoulder, I found
Words, unspoken;
Sentences, unfinished;
Poetry, unwritten.

How do I feel when I read this? I question myself . Then I realised, I have always wanted to be a stranger to another person and be the one who felt all those unfinished stuff on my shoulders.. but I haven't had the guts to bare myself to a stranger.. I was never the sleaze.. even though there was this burning wish to be so..
ReplyDeleteNambi you wrote so well... I love you..
Thank you Pippuz ♥️đ„
DeleteHey, I quite like this one! I must confess though that I don't find it a sleazy to be in the arms of a lover. Nor do I find this poem to be sleazy.. I surely must be interpreting it incorrectly?
ReplyDeleteNeither do I. But it is all about perceptions, no?
DeleteI agree, i do not find it sleazy personally, but I get from where you are writing.
ReplyDelete